ST. LOUIS, MO – You are a valued customer and we take our relationship with you very seriously. We have been monitoring the situation with the COVID-19 outbreak closely, and have put business continuity plans into place to make sure we continue to support your business.
Our company was built on a backbone of strong cloud-based infrastructure and a "work from anywhere" (WFA) culture. All departments at our St. Charles Headquarters have been WFA enabled since 2015. We've implemented systems that empower our employees, wherever they are, to support your business 24/7, including non-business and holiday hours.
DM has cross-shipping capabilities with four distribution centers to support each other with inventory and supplies as those needs arise.
We are working with all of our suppliers, manufacturers and vendors on future inventory and supplies needs to understand their supply chain plans. Should it appear there might be any product-related disruptions, we will send notice and provide updates at appropriate intervals.
Out of an abundance of caution, DM is taking the following internal precautions:
- DM Business Travel — DM will not require business travel during this time of heightened concern. However, we are not mandating the cancellation of business travel and are asking employees to use the information available and best judgement to practice precautions to prevent getting and spreading COVID-19.
- Personal Trips — It is our expectation that all DM associates traveling to any country designated as a Warning Level 3 location during their time in that country will self-quarantine in their homes for a period of fourteen days from their last day in the country or from the last day that the country is designated as a Warning Level 3 nation, whichever occurs first.
- Office meetings and gatherings — Social distancing is a tool being used to prevent the spread of the virus. Therefore, all DM hosted or sponsored face-to-face meetings will be limited to 25 or fewer people.
- Associates presenting symptoms of a fever or difficulty in breathing — Are being instructed to stay home and seek medical care.
- If an associate tests positive for COVID-19 — DM will send home all employees who worked closely with that employee for a 14-day period of time to ensure the infection does not spread. We will also contact an outside cleaning company to undertake a deep cleaning of the affected workspaces.
- If an associate or their family member comes into contact with someone who had a presumptive positive case of COVID-19 — DM will take the same precautions as noted above. We will treat the situation as if the suspected case is a confirmed case for purposes of sending home potentially infected employees. We will communicate with our affected workers to let them know that the employee is asymptomatic for the virus but we are acting out of an abundance of caution.
We will continue to monitor guidance from government agencies like the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to make informed decisions. Should it appear there are any potential changes to our operating status or potential disruptions, we will provide notice in as timely of a manor as possible.
As always, we appreciate your business.